Filed Under Geek on 2006-10-10, 22:40
I stumbled onto John Chow’s blog tonight and found a post titled “Requirements To Be A Dot Com Mogul”. Let’s see….
* Your income is made from the Internet
Some of it is. At least my part-time re-invest and “toys” money is
* The minimum Internet income level is $10,000 a month (you can not add income from other sources to hit this $10K level)
Working on it. :)
* You have no jobs outside of the Internet
Not yet. I like the benefits of having a job still.
* You have a personal blog with your name as the domain name
* Your blog must be updated at least once per week
Check. Although that should say blogs. I try to post new material at least once a week if not more.
* A Google search of your name must be at the #1 spot
how about #1 and 60% of the front page is related to me? (out of 140,000 results). Now if I could just figure out how to bump that football player who shares my name off the front page.
* You must be willing to help dot com mogul wannabes
Always there to lend a hand, an ear, a bit of advice, some code, a link, whatever.
So I’m part of the way there. Hopefully by this time next year I’ll be able to add the title “Dot Com Mogul” to my resume. Hey, that and a dollar will get me a cup of coffee.